About Tinagong Dagat
Tinagong Dagat, also known as the Old Crater, is a 2-km wide plateau located in Mt. Mandalagan, Negros Occidental. This is called Tinagong Dagat because of its hidden location being surrounded by the mountains. The plateau is filled by water that covers the whole plateau extending to nearby forested area that would look like a vast field of ocean.
How to get to Tinagong Dagat
Tinagong dagat is a 4-hour hike from Campuestohan Highland Resort in Talisay City. A week before your hike, you must submit a letter and a waiver to the City Planning and Development Office of Talisay City as a permit to hike Tinagong Dagat. Without a permit, you are not allowed by the city and the Bantay Bukid to hike.
How to get a permit to hike Tinagong Dagat
1. Submit a letter addressed to the City Mayor of Talisay City, Hon Eric Saratan, stating your purpose of hike, the dates and the number of persons who will join.
2. The letter must be stampped for receiving at the Mayor’s Office and must be submitted to the City Planning and Development Office.
3. You will be given a waiver and all who will join the hike must sign. The waiver may ask for a Community Tax Certificate Number so be ready.
4. Once approved, a copy of your letter and the waiver will be given to you.
5. The CPDO will contact the Bantay Bukid to let them know that you will hike at a certain date. On the day of the hike, you have to look for the Bantay Bukid officers near the Campuestohan Highland Resort.
Tinagong Dagat Iterinary
5:30 AM — Meet up with the team at McDonald’s East, Breakfast and Core Checks
6:00 AM — Travel to Campuestohan Highland Resort
7:00 AM — Arrival at Campuestohan, meet with the Bantay Bukid and Sign In
7:15 AM — Start of the hike
11:30 AM — Arrival at Tinagong Dagat
12:00 PM — Lunch
12:30 PM — Picture Taking and Meditation and Amuse-Yourself-With-The-Earthquake-your-friend-makes-when-they-jump
1:25 PM — Preparation to go home
4:25 PM — Arrival at Campuestohan Highland Resort Talisay City
Overnight at Tinagong Dagat
Overnight in Tinagong Dagat is both fun and thrilling. Just bring you own tent, medical kits, and personal needs and enjoy the night.
How Much does it cost to hike Tinagong Dagat
PHP 165.00/head Fare from East View to Campuestohan
PHP 600/group +tips for the Guide
PHP 150/head Meals and power bars for the trip
PHP 100/head fare going back to Granada
PHP 12/head fare from Granada to Bacolod City